“Managing Florida’s aquifers” will be topic of fall professional conference
For the second year, the American Ground Water Trust is presenting a conference on groundwater management in Florida.This year's event will be on September 21-22 in Orlando.
Selection of presenters and presentations is in progress, but topics covered will include:
• Updates on Florida's Aquifer Storage Recovery projects
• Aquifer Recharge as a feasible antidote to climate change effects
• New USGS Assessment of Floridan Aquifer
• Minimum Flows and Levels: Rule-making and Legislation
• Groundwater management priorities of the State's five Water Management Districts
• How serious is the threat to Florida's groundwater from Oil & Gas well stimulation?
• Does aquifer recharge have a future in managing Everglades environmental flows and water quality issues?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Water managers, engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, planners, utility operators, water re-use and aquifer recharge consultants, water treatment specialists, water well contractors, groundwater end-users, city & county government, regulatory authorities, environmental NGOs, water attorneys and interested citizens.